1. Clothing- Choosing the right workout clothes is crucial when going out to jog. For example, if its cold out, make sure you don't wear any light clothing. I would suggest wearing some running pants or joggers instead of shorts, and a sweater so your body isn't exposed to the cold air as well as putting your hood over your head to protect your head.
2. Shoes and Socks- Some shoes can be very irritating when going for a jog, they can either be very tight or loose and just be a real setback during your exercise. As for the socks, I would suggest some ankle length socks so it doesn't trap all the sweat in your legs and let them be ventilated instead of compressed.
3. Stretching- Most people underestimate the part of stretching before going for a jog. They do not want to stretch and prefer to start right away. But stretching is a very important part of your pre-workout. Without stretching you can really injure yourself like getting cramp mid workout and ruining the rest of your jogging, you can tear a muscle or sprain your ankle as well if such injury were to occur. Which is why stretching can help avoid these injuries. I would suggest stretching your thighs, calves, and hamstrings. You can go in the internet and see workouts that can stretch out these muscles.
5. The Workout- After all is said and done, you begin jogging. First you must start slow so you don't get tired sooner. As for breathing you must develop a pattern of exhaling and inhaling and in case you loose track of your pattern then begin again and make sure you take short small breath depending on how fast/slow you're going.
6. Conclusion- Once you're finished make sure you walk the rest of the way home and wait a few minutes before taking shower. Try to take your shoes and socks off so your feet can get ventilation as well as your sweater and drink plenty of water whilst your cooling off.